Sunday, September 18, 2005

Update on Me

I feel kinda bad that I haven't really posted anything in a while except for a couple of comments, but things have kinda been hectic with the school year starting, and I promise to start using this thing more frequently. Anyway, since I'm sure you're all dying to hear what's been happening to my, I felt like I should use up lots of space and post something long and rambling.

So after SIMUW, I spent a couple of weeks at home where I did meet up with some of you, which we definitely need to do more often, but then I went off to Boston to go visit my oldest sister and my new niece, who really likes to cry, especially at night. Babies truly are the perfect parasites...

I got back from Boston two days before school started, which was fun because that meant that I did most of my summer homework and all of my back to school shopping the day before school started. Then school started which was interesting because when I got my schedule on the first day of school, I didn't have a third or fourth period, so I spent a bunch of my first day of school in the counseling office. But it all worked out and I rather like my schedule, especially the fact that I have AP Stats by contract for fourth period which is right before lunch, meaning that I essentially get an hour and a half for lunch. Fun stuff. Although what's annoying is that my counselor left at the end of last year so now I have a counselor who doesn't know me at all, and I tried to make an appointment with her to talk to her about college stuff, but the secretary in the counseling office wouldn't let me make a college appointment since that stuff isn't supposed to happen until October, but considering that the deadline for early decision is November 1st at a bunch of schools, I think it's a little late if they want to cram everyone in during October, especially when half the senior class has a counselor that doesn't even know them yet.

Other news: First math competition of the year for Bellevue is Math is Cool regionals which I think is at Highline High School, but hosted by Mount Rainier, on October 19th. The registration deadline is the 24th for those of you who are interested, and I expect to see a bunch of you there. And for Chris, our meetings are Wednesdays from about 1:15 to 2:30 in Room 355, or whenever we end up finishing, if you're interested.

Bellevue's Knowledge Bowl team is also going to be competing on High Five Challenge on Sept. 24th down in Portland, Oregon which will eventually end up on television some time, but if anybody wants to come watch me make a fool of myself, go ahead and send me an email and I can give you an address and a more specific time.

Since our reunion that was supposed to happen didn't, we definitely need to make a greater effort to get together... I'll probably end up sending out an email and posting something about another reunion soon, and if you don't reply, I'll start pestering you with annoying phone calls since I know all of your phone numbers. And I'll enlist the help of CrystalAnn, so you might as well just save us the trouble and reply to emails or post stuff on this blog that is such a cool tool that we should use it more often.

P.S. Bellevue beat Long Beach Poly!

3 Comments:

Blogger Noah said...

Man . . . why didn't I think've drafting Crystal Ann?
Good man, Edward

4:17 PM, September 19, 2005  
Blogger Flying_Iguana said...

yay for math is cool - wish i could go to your regionals

9:58 PM, September 21, 2005  
Blogger amirhtlusa said...

hey edward, i told you before, they put us (Eastlake) in Division II.

i was really mad though.

1:14 PM, October 09, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home